MAV Technology was established by the Municipal Association of Victoria in 2004. It is an independently funded group of local government IT, digital and business transformation practitioners, who are committed to demonstrating leadership to improve council and community services. 76 of Victoria’s 79 councils are current members of MAV Technology.
MAV Technology provides:
- communication channels for members to share ideas, resources and experiences
- collaborative procurement opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- conference and forum events to encourage discussion and innovation
- workshops to share knowledge and expertise
- training programs for professional development
- funding for projects of strategic value to the sector
- awards to encourage and recognise innovation in ICT
- advocacy for major transformative initiatives
- a platform to collaborate with other levels of government and local government associations.
MAV Technology Annual National Conference and Awards for Excellence
The 2022 MAV Technology Conference has been completed. For more information on MAV Technology please visit mavdigital.com or connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAV Technology is an advisory group of the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV). The MAV is a membership association and the legislated peak body for local government in Victoria, incorporated by an Act of State Parliament. Membership of the MAV is voluntary and all 79 Victorian councils are currently members.
MAV Technology membership is available to all Victorian Councils by annual subscription. Membership entitles ALL council employees and Councillors to access MAV Technology resources, events and communication networks. In 2022, 76 Victorian Councils are current members of MAV Technology. Associate membership is available to interstate members of LGITSA, LGTAS, LGAQ, WALGA, LGNT, LGNSW.
MAV Technology is governed by an annually elected Executive Committee of representatives from member councils and the MAV. It operates under an MOU with the MAV, working towards a common goal of providing technology and digital advice, capability, services, resources and events to member councils through five sub-committees.
All MAV Technology member councils are eligible to nominate representatives to participate on the MAV Technology Executive Committee for a term of two years. Successive terms are permissible. The call for nominations for available positions occurs annually in July/August.
Engage with us
For more information, visit the MAV Technology website or contact: