Councils register certain categories of businesses in accordance with State laws, and provide a range of business permits and support programs. Services may include:
- Registration: food premises, health (beauty) and body art premises, and accommodation premises (rooming houses, hotels, motels, hostels, dormitories, bed and breakfast)
- Permits: business parking, skip bins, busking, footpath trading, personal fitness, mobile food trucks, signage, home-based businesses, fundraising and door-to-door collection, market stalls
- Business advice, support, counselling, mentoring, networks and training
- Economic development and tourism plans and programs.
Learn more about
- Licenses, registration and permits you might need for your business
- Starting a food business in Victoria.
- Council's role in health and safety
- Business Victoria