We have created some useful resources for member councils.
Changes to Section 108 & 109 of the Local Government Act
To support the changes to Section 108 & 109 of the Local Government Act 2020, the MAV Procurement team has issued a Collaborative Procurement Guidance Note (see below) detailing the guiding principles for Councils to consider as they undertake their collaborative procurement.
On October 27, MAV Procurement hosted a sector wide Collaborative Procurement Forum outlining a suggested road map to collaboration and highlighted the collaborative efforts currently underway at the Northern Metro RPEN and Easter Region Group of councils. The Acting Director, Local Government at the Victorian Auditor-General’s Office also joined the discussion to present VAGO’s perspective on the latest collaborative requirements. See below for a copy of the slide deck or click here to watch a replay of the Collaborative Procurement Forum (Victorian LG Sector).
*Registered attendees have been provided with the replay access passcode. To request the passcode, please contact us.
- MAV Collaborative Procurement Guidance Note - October 2021 (PDF - 236KB)
- MAV Procurement Collaboration Forum Presentation - 27 October 2021 (PDF - 3.8MB)
- Local government procurement strategy (Word - 1.31MB)
- Model procurement policy (Word - 78KB)
- Supplier's guide to doing business with local government (Word - 1.18MB)
- Templates for contract management guidelines (Word - 191KB)
- Victorian Local Government best practice procurement guidelines 2013 (PDF - 1.26MB)
Request for Tender (RFT)
- Council Request for Tender Template Parts 1 and 2 (Word - 91KB)
- Council Request for Tender Template Part 3 – Specification Guidance (Word - 41KB)
- Council Request for Tender Template Part 4 – Response Schedules (Word - 76KB)
- Contract management guidelines (Word - 1.76MB)
- S186 Ministerial approval for MAV Procurement (PDF - 209KB)
The MAV Procurement yammer group is a forum for people working in councils to talk about procurement, contract management and purchasing with peers across the sector.
Engage with Us
For more information about working with MAV Procurement, please contact us.