Victorian Local Government Multicultural Issues Network
The Victorian Local Government Multicultural Issues Network (VLGMIN) is for Victorian council staff interested in multicultural services and policy development. For almost 20 years, the VLGMIN has met regularly to:
- share information, advice and contacts between councils
- to promote best practice in the field of cultural diversity at a local level
- coordinate regular forums
Joining the VLGMIN provides an opportunity to network with peers in similar roles across Victoria, share challenges and successes, help to find creative solutions and the chance to contribute to VLGMIN's regular forums.
VLGMIN Organising Committee
The VLGMIN is coordinated by an Organising Committee determined through an expression of interest process open to all VLGMIN members. The current team was established in November 2019 and comprises:
- Petr Svoboda, Social Policy Officer, Merri-bek City Council (formerly Moreland City Council), Ph: (03) 9240 2467
- Essan Dileri, Team Leader Diversity and Intercultural Development, Melton City Council, Ph: (03) 9747 7206
- Pradeep Peteti, Access and Inclusion Officer, City of Casey, Ph: (03) 9705 5200
- Celia Chang, Multicultural Community Development Officer, Hume City Council, Ph: 0477 177 920
Engage with us
VLGMIN Mailing List
The Victorian Local Government Multicultural Issues Network (VLGMIN) aims to improve the access of culturally and linguistically diverse Victorians to the social, economic and political life where they live, and to enhance the inclusiveness of local government services. To receive invitations to upcoming meetings and VLGMIN news contact us to be invited to our online Basecamp forum.
Meetings to be held on the last Tuesday of every two months 1.00pm – 2:30pm on Zoom and/or when possible at MAV, Level 11, 60 Collins St Melbourne.
- 26 April
- 28 June
- 30 Aug
- 25 Oct
- December 2022 meeting will be announced
Local government staff only, no need to RSVP or give apologies.
If you have a topic or speaker you’d like considered for an agenda item contact Petr Svoboda, on 9240 2467.